Thursday, September 24, 2009

Taking out the trash

I am, admittedly, not the most domestic of human beings.
You would think that in light of my rather sensitive sinuses and skin I might try to keep things around the house neat, simple, and clutter-free.
And you would be mistaken.
I seem to lack the motivation. It is just so bothersome.
As long as it doesn't smell, who cares?

However, I impressed myself (to astounding heights) and spent 6 hours cleaning my second floor. Yes, that is only one floor out of 3. No matter! I scrubbed, washed, dusted, scraped, and crawled over every nook and cranny. It shines! It sparkles! It gleams in the moonlight!

I am not thinking about the fact that four people and four animals live in my house and that my beautiful living room, dining room, and kitchen will rather quickly return to a grimy, dusty, cluttered mess. Again, no matter.

Why? Because I feel damned good. Because I worked at something I generally ignore and found such joy and refreshment in the purging.
There's something to be said about all those old sayings.
I'm sure I was scrubbing a bit of my soul today.
This was 6 hours of peace.

1 comment:

  1. "As long as it doesn't smell, who cares?"

    I agree with you that cleaning is such a bothersome thing to have to do. Well, i once waited way too long to take out the trash- so long that maggots were jumping out of the trash can left and right. Trust me, you don't want to wait that long!

    ReplyDelete